Hi folks! We’re thrilled to have another ReactJS Singapore meetup in May.
Scheduled Talks (UPDATED 18 April 2018)
1. How to Migrate an Existing Frontend to React
When React first appeared, Zendesk had multiple large, complex frontends built in different frameworks. Support was in Ember; Chat was in a home-grown framework called JXML. This talk is about the approaches we took to migrate these products to React, how it evolved over time, and the lessons we learnt along the way.
Speaker Bio: Aravind is a Senior engineer at Zendesk who works on (among other things) migrating Chat to a modern frontend ecosystem centred on React. Previously, he led engineering at a startup building apps for Web and Mobile using React and React Native.
2. ‘Async Rendering with React’ by Dominic Langenegger
3 ‘Using Json Schema With React’ by Aaron Gong
- 7.00pm: Doors open – mingle over food and drinks
- 7.20pm: Start of session, opening address by hosts
- 7.30pm: Start of scheduled talks
- 9:00pm: Community announcements / End of event
Information for Attendees
Remember to bring a photo ID to get through building security!
Thursday, May 17th
7:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Haw Par Technocentre (Lobby B Level 1)
401 Commonwealth Drive, Singapore 149598
Take lift to unit #07-01
Have an event? Submit it here
May 23rd 6:00 pm
- Startup Workshop: Preparing for Hypergrowth
Learn to prepare for hypergrowth through effective execution, strong company culture, and positive workplace. Featuring Rob Bier and Anne Caron from Trellis, and Peng T. Ong, Monk’s Hill Ventures Managing Partner.
May 23rd 7:30 pm
- NodeJS: Harness the Power of the Hive-Mind
May 23rd 9:00 am
- Future Food Asia Award 2018
The Future Food Asia Award 2018 is back to recognise the leading innovators and entrepreneurs in Agrifood Tech. Join us as we foster innovation to build the future of food!
May 24th 6:00 pm
- #SPEAKEASYASIA Edition 6 – Video Marketing For Rapid Business Growth
The 6th edition of event series #SPEAKEASYASIA, a sharing and networking event with speakers from Lazada, Citi and 2Stallions. Join us and learn all there is to know about video marketing and how companies can utilize video to grow sales.
May 24th 7:00 pm
- Building an API-Driven Digital Ecosystem
Building an API-Driven Digital Ecosystem: In API Craft’s May Meetup, you will learn how to: – Turn APIs into API products. – Use a data-driven approach to Measure and Monetize APIs. – Build a thriving digital ecosystem.
May 25th 8:30 am
- Email Marketing Forum
Email Marketing Forum