How can we all get involved in pushing the social impact envelope as corporations, startups, individuals? Join us for day and evening sessions. There will also be a “MARKETPLACE” showcase of social enterprises / platforms and services delivering social impact.
Social impact trends / What’s in it for you?
- 2:15 – 2:30 Registration
- 2:30 – 2:45 Intro / Ice breaker “DISRUPT”
- 2:45 – 3:00 Market landscape / Impact trends – Nadim Ros, Be An Idea
Why startups and corporates should change? How changing millennial landscape impacts the future of business and brand.
Advancing social impact through science and technology
The advancement of science has created different alternatives – better, sustainable options. This calls for challenging the traditional way resources have been typically used. Sustainability science is focused on examining the interactions between human, environmental, and engineered systems to develop solutions for complex challenges that threaten the future of humanity and the integrity of the life support systems of the planet, such as climate change, biodiversity loss, pollution and land and water degradation.”
- 3:00 – 3:15 Value re-engineering with vertical farming
- 3:15 – 3:30 Creating new intelligent ecosystem for better predictability – Alistair Douglas, Ecohub
- 3:30 – 4:00 Panel – Sustainability starts from the source : from food to fashion to energy to living space
Laura Francois, Fashion Revolution
Farizan D’Avezac de Moran, GreenA Consultants
Irene Lee, Little Sun
- 4:00 – 4:15 Break
- 4:15 – 4:30 How women are empowering the bottom of the pyramid – Laina Raveendran Greene, Angels of Impact
Corporate sustainability initiatives
How do companies operate with sustainable products? How was social impact conceptualized in product design and business process? What was the measurable impact? How the impact is tracked? What has been the market feedback? What is their vision?
- 4:30 – 4:45 How Unilever is supporting sustainability
- 4:45 – 5:30 Corporate initiatives
- 5:30 – 6:30 Networking and MARKETPLACE
- 6:30 – 7:00 Evening registration / Networking / Dinner
Design and Growth of Social enterprise
Social impact isn’t just about donating money or having a one-day charity. It’s about make a longer term sustainable IMPACT. It’s easy just to donate money to, for example, an Alzheimer’s home, but companies could be involved with perhaps the process of making the home better through funding research of a new technology to help them.
- 7:00 – 7:15 Intro and Non-Profit ideas from New York
- 7:15 – 7:30 How to design impact in social enterprise? – Ashwin Subramaniam, Gone Adventurin’
- 7:30 – 8:00 Panel :
- Developing fund raising strategy for social enterprise – Prasoon Kumar, Billion Bricks
- Social Impact investing – Leon Toh, Damson Capital
- Investing in women social impact enterprises – Audrey Tan, Angels of Impact
- 8:00 – 8:30 Workshop (subject to change)
- 8:45 – 9:00 Measuring social impact
- 9:30 ENDS
MARKETPLACE : 2:15 – 9PM
- Angels of Impact
- Make the Change
- Projects we Forgot
Tuesday, July 25th
2:10 PM to 9:30 PM
Mapletree Business City, 20 Pasir Panjang Road (East Wing) #03-22/24