How can we all get involved in pushing the social impact envelope as corporations, startups, individuals? Join us for day and evening sessions. There will also be a “MARKETPLACE” showcase of social enterprises / platforms and services delivering social impact.
If your startup / company is involved in social impact and would like to participate in the marketplace, please contact firstname.lastname@example.orgTHIS EVENT IS OPENED TO MEN AND WOMEN.
Social impact trends / What’s in it for you?
- 2:15 – 2:30 Registration
- 2:30 – 2:45 Intro / Ice breaker “DISRUPT”
- 2:45 – 3:00 Market landscape / Impact trends – Nadim Ros, Be An Idea
Why startups and corporates should change? How changing millennial landscape impacts the future of business and brand.
Advancing social impact through science and technology
The advancement of science has created different alternatives – better, sustainable options. This calls for challenging the traditional way resources have been typically used. Sustainability science is focused on examining the interactions between human, environmental, and engineered systems to develop solutions for complex challenges that threaten the future of humanity and the integrity of the life support systems of the planet, such as climate change, biodiversity loss, pollution and land and water degradation.”
- 3:00 – 3:15 Value re-engineering with vertical farming
- 3:15 – 3:30 Creating new intelligent ecosystem for better predictability – Alistair Douglas, Ecohub
- 3:30 – 4:00 Panel – Sustainability starts from the source : from food to fashion to energy to living space
Laura Francois, Fashion Revolution
Farizan D’Avezac de Moran, GreenA Consultants
Irene Lee, Little Sun
- 4:00 – 4:15 Break
- 4:15 – 4:30 How women are empowering the bottom of the pyramid – Laina Raveendran Greene, Angels of Impact
Corporate sustainability initiatives
How do companies operate with sustainable products? How was social impact conceptualized in product design and business process? What was the measurable impact? How the impact is tracked? What has been the market feedback? What is their vision?
- 4:30 – 4:45 How Unilever is supporting sustainability
- 4:45 – 5:30 Corporate initiatives
- 5:30 – 6:30 Networking and MARKETPLACE
- 6:30 – 7:00 Evening registration / Networking / Dinner
Design and Growth of Social enterprise
Social impact isn’t just about donating money or having a one-day charity. It’s about make a longer term sustainable IMPACT. It’s easy just to donate money to, for example, an Alzheimer’s home, but companies could be involved with perhaps the process of making the home better through funding research of a new technology to help them.
- 7:00 – 7:15 Intro and Non-Profit ideas from New York
- 7:15 – 7:30 How to design impact in social enterprise? – Ashwin Subramaniam, Gone Adventurin’
- 7:30 – 8:00 Panel :
- Developing fund raising strategy for social enterprise – Prasoon Kumar, Billion Bricks
- Social Impact investing – Leon Toh, Damson Capital
- Investing in women social impact enterprises – Audrey Tan, Angels of Impact
- 8:00 – 8:30 Workshop (subject to change)
- 8:45 – 9:00 Measuring social impact
- 9:30 ENDS
MARKETPLACE : 2:15 – 9PM
- Angels of Impact
- Make the Change
- Projects we Forgot
Tuesday, July 25th
2:10 PM to 9:30 PM
Mapletree Business City, 20 Pasir Panjang Road (East Wing) #03-22/24
Have an event? Submit it here
Aug 25th 6:00 pm
- SWSG High Tech Happy Hour
An exclusive evening with a line up of amazing tech leaders as we hang out at Carousell’s cool and creative #instaworthy office for an open dialogue to hear their successes and challenges.
Aug 25th 7:00 pm
- NSFW 2.0
The journey of an entrepreneur is definitely Not Safe for The Weak, but we know you are definitely up for it. NSFW 2.0 is back with more uncomfortable, thought-provoking, and intimate questions as we get up close and personal with our panel of entrepreneurs from across 4 different industries, so come join us this NSFW where the questions are difficult and the seats are uncomfortable.
Aug 25th 6:30 pm
- SGX TEC: Scala and Akka in the TITAN OTC Platform
In collaboration with Singapore Exchange (SGX) we’re pleased to announce a showcase of the use of Scala and Akka in their TITAN OTC platform as part of the SGX Technology Symposium.
Aug 28th 7:30 pm
- Data journalism: from data to design to code
Go through a brief introduction of the work flow from data collecting, data analysis to the final data viz presentation.
Aug 28th 7:00 pm
- Biotech Evening
Join us as we have Dr. Shawn Watson from Senescence Life Sciences, who will be sharing about the Changing Perceptions of Brain Aging, Grace Park and Cole Sirucek from DocDoc, on Disrupting healthcare by transforming the consumer experience in doctor discovery and Yanling Toh from NephTech, who will be exploring The Thrill of MedTech Innovation and Commercialization.
Aug 29th 6:30 pm
- Meet 4 Good – A Social Enterprise Evening
Meet 4 Good – A Social Enterprise Evening
Aug 29th 9:00 am
- IP Week @ SG
Themed “Ideas to Assets – Driving the Future Economy with Intellectual Property”, the sixth edition of IP Week features the world’s foremost IP thought leaders, legal experts and innovative companies, to share insights on IP commercialisation and winning strategies for business growth.
Aug 29th 6:30 pm
- RubySG Meetup (August)
Come learn about managing dependencies in Ruby, network with fellow Ruby enthusiasts.
Aug 30th 9:00 am
- How To Build A Rockstar Professional Social Presence
Building a strong, powerful and authentic personal brand is so much more than regular updates on Twitter or having a fantastic looking LinkedIn profile. A professional personal brand empowers you to create the future you want for yourself, utilizing all of the amazing platforms we have available to us today. Join us as we teach you how to build a rockstar professional social presence by creating exquisite content that will position you in your industry, draw your customers to you and build loyalty to your brand.
Aug 30th 6:30 pm
- The Fragmented World of Payments and how FinTech can solve this problem
Come learn about the Fragmented World of Payments and how FinTech can solve this problem.
Aug 30th 3:00 pm
- Co-creation skills for entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, change agents, and activators
In this highly interactive workshop for entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, change agents and activators, you will be introduced to some core co-creation mindsets and behaviours which will help you to bring inspired solutions to the world.
Aug 31st 6:30 pm
- Wedge 21: Getting Uncomfortable
Ahh, the comfort zone. A safe, warm, predictable place. A place we humans love. It is also a place that can be stiff, stale and stagnant. Getting uncomfortable is really where all the exciting stuff happens. You know, growth, confidence, creativity. It’s time to make discomfort our friend.
Sep 21st 10:40 am
- Walkabout Singapore
Walkabout Singapore is a celebration of technology and entrepreneurial culture in Singapore. On Friday, September 22nd you’re invited to check out the spaces, meet the founders and get a behind-the-scenes look at the most innovative companies in Singapore.
Sep 29th 5:30 pm
- Startup Weekend Singapore Mega
Join over 300 passionate startup enthusiasts at NUS University Town to hack out their next company. They are participants of Startup Weekend, a global movement of entrepreneurs who are crazy about starting a technology-based business and forging bonds that will last a lifetime.