Join us for “Singapore: Masters of Corporate Venture Capital (CVC)” Hosted by Rubicon Venture Capital
Featuring a moderated panel discussion with leading CVCs plus time for networking, drinks and hors d’oeuvres. CVC is more important than ever with 1 out of 5 venture financings including at least 1 CVC.
- How corporations can create a winning CVC and use it to access external innovation
- How to use CVC to drive partnerships, increase growth, lower expenses, become more competitive and fuel M&A
- How to manage profitable CVCs while achieving strategic benefits and best practices
- How can entrepreneurs raise funding for their startup from a CVC?
- How can startups partner with a large corporate for rapid global growth?
- How can angels and VCs partner with a CVC?
- Discussion of CVC best practices and mistakes to avoid
Romans will discuss key findings from his research interviewing over 100 CVCs and then moderate a live panel of leading VCs. Hear this discussion and join the conversation with Rubicon VC in Singapore.
- 6:30pm – 7:00pm Registration & networking
- 7:00pm – 7:30pm Welcome remarks by local partners followed by Andrew Romans sharing insights from CVC research
- 7:30pm – 8:30pm Moderated CVC panel discussion & questions
- 8:30pm – 9:00pm Networking, cocktails, canapés
CVC / VC Panel
Mario Aquino, Managing Partner – McKinsey Ventures
Chua Boon Ping, CEO – SPH Media Fund
Ervin Lim, Senior Manager – C31 Ventures
Dave Ng, Principal – B Capital Group
Carmen Yuen, Senior Executive Director – Vertex Ventures
Andrew Romans, General Partner – Rubicon Venture Capital – moderator
Please also visit our Masters of Corporate Venture Capital Seminar on Wednesday, April 26th here: sgcvcforum.eventbrite.com
Tuesday, April 25th
6:00 PM to 9:00 PM
High Street Centre, 1 North Bridge Road #08-08
Have an event? Submit it here
Aug 25th 6:30 pm
- SGX TEC: Scala and Akka in the TITAN OTC Platform
In collaboration with Singapore Exchange (SGX) we’re pleased to announce a showcase of the use of Scala and Akka in their TITAN OTC platform as part of the SGX Technology Symposium.
Aug 25th 6:00 pm
- SWSG High Tech Happy Hour
An exclusive evening with a line up of amazing tech leaders as we hang out at Carousell’s cool and creative #instaworthy office for an open dialogue to hear their successes and challenges.
Aug 25th 7:00 pm
- NSFW 2.0
The journey of an entrepreneur is definitely Not Safe for The Weak, but we know you are definitely up for it. NSFW 2.0 is back with more uncomfortable, thought-provoking, and intimate questions as we get up close and personal with our panel of entrepreneurs from across 4 different industries, so come join us this NSFW where the questions are difficult and the seats are uncomfortable.
Aug 28th 7:30 pm
- Data journalism: from data to design to code
Go through a brief introduction of the work flow from data collecting, data analysis to the final data viz presentation.
Aug 28th 7:00 pm
- Biotech Evening
Join us as we have Dr. Shawn Watson from Senescence Life Sciences, who will be sharing about the Changing Perceptions of Brain Aging, Grace Park and Cole Sirucek from DocDoc, on Disrupting healthcare by transforming the consumer experience in doctor discovery and Yanling Toh from NephTech, who will be exploring The Thrill of MedTech Innovation and Commercialization.
Aug 29th 6:30 pm
- Meet 4 Good – A Social Enterprise Evening
Meet 4 Good – A Social Enterprise Evening
Aug 29th 9:00 am
- IP Week @ SG
Themed “Ideas to Assets – Driving the Future Economy with Intellectual Property”, the sixth edition of IP Week features the world’s foremost IP thought leaders, legal experts and innovative companies, to share insights on IP commercialisation and winning strategies for business growth.
Aug 29th 6:30 pm
- RubySG Meetup (August)
Come learn about managing dependencies in Ruby, network with fellow Ruby enthusiasts.
Aug 30th 9:00 am
- How To Build A Rockstar Professional Social Presence
Building a strong, powerful and authentic personal brand is so much more than regular updates on Twitter or having a fantastic looking LinkedIn profile. A professional personal brand empowers you to create the future you want for yourself, utilizing all of the amazing platforms we have available to us today. Join us as we teach you how to build a rockstar professional social presence by creating exquisite content that will position you in your industry, draw your customers to you and build loyalty to your brand.
Aug 30th 3:00 pm
- Co-creation skills for entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, change agents, and activators
In this highly interactive workshop for entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, change agents and activators, you will be introduced to some core co-creation mindsets and behaviours which will help you to bring inspired solutions to the world.
Aug 30th 6:30 pm
- The Fragmented World of Payments and how FinTech can solve this problem
Come learn about the Fragmented World of Payments and how FinTech can solve this problem.
Aug 31st 6:30 pm
- Wedge 21: Getting Uncomfortable
Ahh, the comfort zone. A safe, warm, predictable place. A place we humans love. It is also a place that can be stiff, stale and stagnant. Getting uncomfortable is really where all the exciting stuff happens. You know, growth, confidence, creativity. It’s time to make discomfort our friend.
Sep 21st 10:40 am
- Walkabout Singapore
Walkabout Singapore is a celebration of technology and entrepreneurial culture in Singapore. On Friday, September 22nd you’re invited to check out the spaces, meet the founders and get a behind-the-scenes look at the most innovative companies in Singapore.
Sep 29th 5:30 pm
- Startup Weekend Singapore Mega
Join over 300 passionate startup enthusiasts at NUS University Town to hack out their next company. They are participants of Startup Weekend, a global movement of entrepreneurs who are crazy about starting a technology-based business and forging bonds that will last a lifetime.