Join us for “Singapore: Masters of Corporate Venture Capital (CVC)” Hosted by Rubicon Venture Capital
Featuring a moderated panel discussion with leading CVCs plus time for networking, drinks and hors d’oeuvres. CVC is more important than ever with 1 out of 5 venture financings including at least 1 CVC.
- How corporations can create a winning CVC and use it to access external innovation
- How to use CVC to drive partnerships, increase growth, lower expenses, become more competitive and fuel M&A
- How to manage profitable CVCs while achieving strategic benefits and best practices
- How can entrepreneurs raise funding for their startup from a CVC?
- How can startups partner with a large corporate for rapid global growth?
- How can angels and VCs partner with a CVC?
- Discussion of CVC best practices and mistakes to avoid
Romans will discuss key findings from his research interviewing over 100 CVCs and then moderate a live panel of leading VCs. Hear this discussion and join the conversation with Rubicon VC in Singapore.
- 6:30pm – 7:00pm Registration & networking
- 7:00pm – 7:30pm Welcome remarks by local partners followed by Andrew Romans sharing insights from CVC research
- 7:30pm – 8:30pm Moderated CVC panel discussion & questions
- 8:30pm – 9:00pm Networking, cocktails, canapés
CVC / VC Panel
Mario Aquino, Managing Partner – McKinsey Ventures
Chua Boon Ping, CEO – SPH Media Fund
Ervin Lim, Senior Manager – C31 Ventures
Dave Ng, Principal – B Capital Group
Carmen Yuen, Senior Executive Director – Vertex Ventures
Andrew Romans, General Partner – Rubicon Venture Capital – moderator
Please also visit our Masters of Corporate Venture Capital Seminar on Wednesday, April 26th here: sgcvcforum.eventbrite.com
Tuesday, April 25th
6:00 PM to 9:00 PM
High Street Centre, 1 North Bridge Road #08-08
Have an event? Submit it here
Jan 19th 6:30 pm
- Resumes, Interviews & Branding
Writing a resume/CV or going for a interview for a Tech job can be quite different. Join in for an evening of fun where WWCode is collaborating with X-pand and Women Techmakers to provide insights on how to do all these.
Jan 19th 7:00 pm
- There Is A Service For That! with Mayur Tendulkar (PM on Xamarin@Microsoft)
Unless it is a static app, every mobile app requires services. Join Mayur Tendulkar from Microsoft to know about these services and how you can take benefit of these services.
Jan 22nd 7:00 pm
- The Millennial Gold Rush: A Cryptocurrency Miner’s Journey
In this session, we will listen to a miner’s story about how she started with cryptocurrency mining, why she chose to mine primarily on the Ethereum blockchain, and whether she thinks it is still worthwhile to start mining at this juncture.
Jan 22nd 6:30 pm
- Building the Future of Energy with Artificial Intelligence
This inaugural EnRupt Energy Innovation talk will explore how AI will go further and change the way decisions are made in the energy sector. We will explore how AI can change relation between producers and consumers and create a new kind of energy system.
Jan 23rd 6:30 pm
- SGInnovate Presents: Blockchain Evening with IBM
Come discuss the transformational power of blockchain – a technology that is here and real today.
Jan 23rd 10:00 am
- Available government support and tax considerations for internationalisation
You’re scaling up your business and venturing abroad. Identifying tax incentive opportunities, complying with local and cross-border tax regulations, and optimising your group structure can aid your internationalisation plans.
Jan 23rd 2:30 pm
- Talk.CSS max-content edition
A 3-hour design and CSS extravaganza
Jan 24th 6:30 pm
- DAWS – January 2018
Come learn how you can use data if you don’t have any, and how Amazon is upending the non-data sector with its purchase of Whole Foods and thoughts on the us and them divide between digital and non-digital analysts.
Jan 24th 6:30 pm
- Talk Data to Me: Why and How to Break into Data Science
At this event, we host thought-leaders from the Singapore data community to discuss the possibilities of career paths in the Data Science world. They’ll cover how today’s wealth of data drives business and product decisions across industries ranging from journalism to programming, and share their visions for the future and how you can jump into this exciting area.
Jan 24th 8:00 pm
- Munah & Hirzi Live: Curtain Call
Youtubers Munah & Hirzi perform a live show for the first time (and the last time) to celebrate the end of thier channel. A night of music parody, comedy and spectacle.
Jan 25th 7:00 pm
- What happens to HR in an agile journey
Join Jasmine for a fresh perspective as she takes us through Ideas of non-conventional Agile HR practices that positively impact employee retention, the creation and implementation of a safe and engaging work culture for Gen Y/Millennials, and lessons learned from this transformational journey.
Jan 25th 11:30 am
- Kopi Chat: Shipping the Smart Way
To plunge into an ocean of opportunities in a trillion dollar market, join the Kopi Chat with Symphony Creative Solutions at BLOCK71 Singapore on 25th January 2018, Thursday. Hear from our experts about the many challenges facing the maritime logistics sector, with a focus on container shipping!
Jan 25th 8:00 am
- JSConf.Asia 2018
A 3-day long celebration of the web technology and design. It is the sixth edition of Southeast Asia’s most influential community event from developers for developers with the aim to educate, inspire and entertain around open source and the web.
Jan 26th 5:00 pm
- muru-D Singapore SUPER Open House
Open Houses are for entrepreneurs, investors, mentors, the startup community, friends of muru-D and general supporters of the ecosystem to come down, have a a few casual drinks with us, make some connections and learn something new.