You have spent the last 6 months of your life hustling to build your new startup. You developed an MVP and gained some traction with users. You are now ready to take the next step to grow your startup by pitching to investors. You have finally secured an appointment with an important VC.
The pressure is now on. Will all your hard work go down the drain in a few minutes due to a mediocre pitch? Or will you hit a home run and secure the funding necessary to take your startup to the next level?
At Excide, we have been in a privileged position of coaching dozens of startups through their pitch and helping them with the preparation of their pitch deck. Many times, what startup founders lack is not the technical know-how, market knowledge, or financials. What is missing is knowing what will capture an investor’s attention, delivering an impactful presentation and handling the audience with confidence.
By tapping on our background in corporate finance consultancy, both in MNCs and as independent consultants, we have developed a 1-day workshop to help startup founders like you pitch to investors with aplomb.
By the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Create effective and impactful presentation slides
- Enhance your Powerpoint slides with aesthetically captivating images
- Understand the mechanics of capturing and retaining the audience’s attention
- Shorten the time taken to create Powerpoint slides with the tools available
- Engage with your target audience throughout the presentation
- Manage target audience expectations & questions
- Introducing the Tools for an Impactful Presentation Delivery
- The concept of boardroom slides and techniques to aesthetically pleasing presentations, impactful presentation delivery through a tandem presentation style
- Deconstructing Presentations: Tips & Tricks
- Delivering strong and memorable openings to your presentations
- Techniques to take control of and structure your presentation to achieve greater fluency
- Handling your Audience and the Q&A with Confidence
- Developing rapport with your audiences through questions
- Pre-empting questions from your audiences and how to tackle them
Mr Sam Lee is a finance strategy specialist and co-founder of Excide. He specialises in M&A, financial strategy advisory and financial modelling. He has five years of corporate finance and strategic planning experience, including a training stint at McKinsey. Over the years, he has facilitated transactions with combined deal value in excess of SGD1 billion. He is also well-versed in digital business strategies and go-to-market strategies.
Saturday, September 16th
10:00 AM to 6:00 PM
2 Leng Kee Road, #03-10 Thye Hong Centre Singapore