Encouraging Sustainable Food Alternatives
With the human population expecting to hit 10 billion by the year 2050, feeding and nourishment pose a gargantuan problem to the food industry. Where problems lay, entrepreneurs see opportunity. With the need to increase food supply by 70% by in 2050, the demand for more food innovations and sustainability is huge.
A joined initiative by the Croeni Foundation and UNFRAMED, Makanpreneur is the first accelerator program focusing on food sustainability. Run by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs, it offers to the most innovative and promising food startups comprehensive support to make Singapore the world’s first food self-reliant city!
How can the existing food system be improved for healthier, more affordable and sustainable food, whether it is home-grown algae, insect farms, food waste hawker stalls, urban food gardens, or some other innovative concepts?
We invite all aspiring food entrepreneurs to apply for Makanpreneur, the first accelerator program, with total value of up to SGD60,000 to develop sustainable food alternatives.
Application Deadline: 17 September 2017
Start-up Support Includes*
- Up to 5 x SGD2,000 for the most successful crowdfunding campaigns which proposal are deemed feasible by our experts
- In-kind support valued at SGD10,000 per startups with:
- Access to regular training courses and workshops
- Bi-weekly 1-1 coaching by seasoned entrepreneurs and industry experts
- Privileged access to Singapore’s largest social impact network of cross-sector organisations and experts, comprising for-impact startups and entrepreneurs, corporates, nonprofits, government, funders, etc…
- Invitations to exclusive and relevant community events
- Pitching opportunities and direct access to follow-on funding partners
- Media coverage and other PR opportunities
- A chance to become an Impact Fellow of Croeni Foundation.
… and much more…
(*) up to 5 successful startups will be selected, T&Cs apply
How to Participate
- By 17 September 2017: Call for applications
- Launch a crowdfunding campaign for your initiative by clicking on “Fundraise Now” button at www.give.asia/movement/makanpreneur
- Once your crowdfunding campaign page is published, copy its URL and use it to submit your application to Makanpreneur at www.unframed.so/makanpreneur-apply
- By 30 September 2017: Selection and Evaluation
- Raise as much awareness and funding for your initiative as you can
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to pitch to an independent panel of industry experts, based on successful crowdfunding campaigns (both amount raised and number of supporters) and feasibility of their business proposal.
- World Food Day, 16 October 2017: Announcement
- Up to 5 successful applicants joining Makanpreneur will be announced
- From November 2017 to March 2018: Makanpreneur Programme
- Makanpreneurs will receive matching funding of up to SGD2,000 and comprehensive support to implement their sustainable food initiatives within 6 months.
Our Experts & Judges
- Jan Croeni, Founder, Croeni Foundation
- Nichol Ng, Managing Director, FoodXervices Inc & Co-founder, The Food Bank Singapore
- Laura Allen, Co-Founder, Gone Adventurin’ & Community Farm
- … others to be announced soon
- Croeni Foundation, Happier and healthier animals and humans!
- Give.Asia, fundraising goodness
Sunday, September 17th
September 17th to March 2018