This impacthon by the Lien Centre for Social Innovation at Singapore Management University brings together change-makers, social sector leaders and members of the public to build workable solutions to food justice issues. The impacthon will take insights from our recent research on Food Insecurity in Singapore (https://smu.sg/understanding-food-insecurity) and extend them into community-based actions.
Over the weekend of Sept 15-16, we will form teams to ideate solutions for food justice. The following themes will be covered:
- Food nutrition, affordability and community building
- Food waste vs Food insecurity
- Food supply chain – transparency, traceability, sustainability
- Food science and innovation
We invite a variety of participants to make this event a lasting success:
- Social service organisations combating food insecurity
- Corporates committed to positive social impact
- University students
- Food suppliers, wholesalers or retailers
- Community groups, start-ups and food-centric social enterprises
- General public whose interests include food innovation and security
Confirmed partner organisations include:
- Food Bank Singapore, Food from the Heart, Metropolitan YMCA, Saturdays@Lengkok Bahru, Slush Singapore and UglyGood.
Join us at Singapore Management University Admin Building for two days of lectures, sharing, ideation and positive movement towards change.
(If you are interested in volunteering for this event, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Agenda: Day 1 (Lunch provided)
- Sharing of LCSI research findings
- Crash courses on design thinking
- Networking & team formation
- Booths showcase
- Speaker sharing
Agenda: Day 2 (Lunch & Dinner provided)
- Speaker sharing
- Team breakout sessions
- Team presentation
- Panel discussions
- Impacthon Results Announcement
- Networking + Close
Saturday, September 15th
9:00 AM to September 16th, 7:30 PM
SMU Administration Building
81 Victoria Street, Singapore 188065
Have an event? Submit it here
Sep 27th 9:00 am
- Data Storytelling: The Essential Data Science Skill
This 2 day hands-on course provides participants with data visualization skills for turning boring charts into stunning and insightful data stories. Taught by TEDx speaker and Data Scientist, Isaac Reyes, the course walks participants through the four keys to data storytelling – The Audience, The Data, The Visuals and The Narrative.
Sep 28th 3:00 pm
- SGLiveChat: Medtech in Australia and Singapore
In this SGLiveChat, Australian and Singaporean MedTech leaders will discuss the latest developments and their insights on emerging trends, innovations and opportunities. Join us in a conversation about the digital ecosystem in both countries and explore the new, the novel and the innovative while discussing about the opportunities the ecosystem can bring. Expand your horizons by connecting with well-known Australian Healthtech companies and fellow startups in the community.
Sep 28th 5:00 pm
- Startup Weekend Singapore Mega 2018
Turn your ideas to reality in just 54 hours! Join forces with smart, passionate individuals to brainstorm, design products and validate your ideas with experienced judges and industry mentors. Throughout the weekend, prepare to be immersed in an ideal environment where you will be equipped with the right tools and approaches to experience startup magic. Start off by brainstorming and building a strategic team on Friday evening, get down to business on Saturday, and pitch your ideas to the crowd and panel of experts on Sunday.
Sep 29th 5:00 pm
- Tribeless Conversations: Singapore X EC Proof
Tribeless Conversations are a safe space for curious and compassionate people to come together and talk about the things that matter. It is facilitated. It is curated. And it might just change your life.
Oct 1st 7:00 pm
- DrinkEntrepreneurs x 1880 October 1 Robertson Quay
At DrinkEntrepreneurs, we believe life is about making great human connections. We’re Singapore’s most relaxed #afterwork social for the start-up scene and beyond to make meaningful connections in a uniquely invigorating atmosphere. We attract an eclectic audience from all walks of life who enjoy swanky spaces and inspired conversations.
Oct 2nd 8:30 am
- STACK 2018
It’s GovTech’s first-ever developer conference to power the Smart Nation technology conversation on government tech platforms and products. Find out how we’re committed to drive government-industry collaboration. Developers, coders, programmers, data scientists, engineers and technical specialists are all welcome!
Oct 3rd 5:00 pm
- Kopi Chat Deep Dive on Tech’s Role in Sustainability
Join us for a Deep Dive and Kopi in our latest Kopi Chat as we tackle issues pertaining to sustainability and clean-tech.
Oct 4th 6:00 pm
- Bringing Blockchain to Life
Discuss the real life application of blockchain at this first LongHash monthly meet up “Bringing Blockchain to Life”.
Oct 4th 5:30 pm
- Do Startups Need to Care about Operations in the Cloud?
Site Reliability Engineering is a growing discipline focused on applying software engineering principals and patterns to building reliable platforms for delivering our services. Azure and services hosted on Azure are one of the many organizations exploring this updated field of operations and how it interacts with, complements, and conflicts with strong DevOps cultures.