Hack && Tell is a show and tell meetup for programmers. And it’s back in Singapore!
Our speakers and their projects. Looking real good!
- Érdi Gergő : Reverse engineering a Hungarian text adventure game from 1987 and porting it to Android!
- Melvin Zhang: Animating Turing’s machines
- Yue Lin Choong: Datathon with Clinicians
- Hannah Yan: 100 Days of Data Vizualization
- Saurabh Arora: Building with Google Home: Using Google Assistant to control your Aircon
Worked on a project that you’re excited about? Encountered a mysterious bug that got you scratching your head? Or did you just learn how to use a new commandline tool that changed your life?
Tell us about it!
We encourage presentations of any kind on projects that people work on for fun, for the love of all things technical. The only rules are 1) no startup pitches and 2) no work projects (unless it solves a general problem and is open sourced).
Talk slots are 10 minutes long (5 minutes of presentation and 5 minutes of Q&A). First-time speakers and of underrepresented groups in tech are welcome! We’d be glad to help you prepare for your talk.
[Call for speakers are now closed. Interested in speaking? Submit one for next month, August 2017. Dates and details to come]:https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1P9VfU7qsa-rfxT0XqZ-YAcjJc-BAHnTb8B7VtB4Yg2o/]
- 18th June 2017: Call for talks open
- 4th July 2017: Confirmation of speaksers
- 18th July 2017: Hack && Tell happens!
Else, come join us in hearing about the excitement of programming by RSVP-ing to this event! See you there!
- 6:30p – 7:00p: Dinner (will be provided)
- 7:00p – 8:00p: Lightning Talks
- 8:00p – 9:00p: Meet the speakers + mingling
Tuesday, July 18th
6:30 PM to 9:00 PM
138 Market St #32-01, Singapore 048968
Have an event? Submit it here
Jul 22nd 10:00 am
- Maker Faire Singapore 2017
Maker Faire Singapore, the largest Show and Tell in Singapore, with over 500 makers showcasing hands on activities, talks and workshops, is back for the sixth year running! Join us for a fun filled day with loads of activities and learning experiences for the whole family!
Jul 24th 7:00 pm
- HackerNest Singapore Tech Social
HackerNest Tech Socials are a fun, relaxed way to connect with your local tech community. Atmosphere: chill, friendly, unpretentious, agenda-free (no sales pitch), and brimming with Ultra Smart People.
Jul 25th 6:30 pm
- Product Development and Testing
Product Development and Testing is a workshop targeting at assisting start-ups craft their customer journey, while getting insights from users, ideation, designing experiments, and creating quick prototypes.
Jul 25th 2:10 pm
- Pushing the Impact Envelope
Welcome to Pushing The Impact Envelope — where startups, corporations, and individuals come together and answer the question: what can we do to get involved in social impact?
Jul 25th 6:30 pm
- OTEC APAC 2017 Pitch Competition – Singapore
Come join us to watch Pitch Competition to select 1 x Singapore innovative start up to meet industry leaders, angel investors, corporate partners and passionate entrepreneurs in Beijing this August!
Jul 26th 7:00 pm
- Talk.CSS #19 CodePen Special Edition
Our new regular segment which will cover latest updates in the realm of CSS and HTML. Tell us your CSS problem and get a crowd-sourced solution from all the CSS enthusiasts in Singapore right here.
Jul 26th 6:30 pm
- Funnel Metrics: Increasing Conversion Rates in the Pipeline
Good businesses measure actions to understand their customers and optimise their processes. An optimised conversion funnel is critical to any online business’ success. This session tackles the changing nature of how you manage your sales pipeline to increase sales.
Jul 26th 2:00 pm
- Grow Your Business Through Digital Transformation
Come explore the benefits of partnering with a tech accounting firm & discover key strategies to grow your business with Xero accounting.
Jul 27th 7:00 pm
- UXSG + AGILESG + #PRODUCTBEER – Open Space
This would be a open space format with the theme of “Working in Multi-disciplinary teams”. The three communities would invite their members and ensure a healthy ratio among each group. This would provide Google with opportunity to observe in the open space and perhaps participate.
Jul 29th 3:00 pm
- Innovate through Design Thinking: Hands-on Workshop
At the part 1 (fundamental course) 4 hours workshop, you will learn three key design thinking behaviors: empathize, diverge + converge, and iterate – and you will exercise a few practical tools that you can take back and use with your teams. Together, these behaviors and tools can help you unlock the innovation potential on your teams and apply it to your toughest business challenges.