It’s hard to know how to describe the Maker Faire, a two-day “festival of invention, creativity and resourcefulness,” but imagine a massive artisanal handcraft explosion where you go to play with cardboard machine guns, build your own portable handphone microscope and learn how to turn all that horrific Ikea furniture into something amazing.
Why it’s on the list
Ikea makes us cringe and we have dreams of DIY gone right (it never does). Can’t wait to meet the resourceful people who make amazing projects in their backyards, basements, and or at the Kampung.
August 4th + 5th
15 Science Centre Road
There are ongoing workshops as well as booths. Check out the schedule online.
* We must give you fair warning: this is a kid-friendly, family-fun time type of event. We don’t usually love that scene, but the amazing craftsmanship on display at the Maker Faire more than makes up for the baby strollers.
Thursday, July 19th
Have an event? Submit it here
May 6th 12:30 pm
- Lunch & Learn: Lessons on Company Culture
Come join this interactive Lunch & Learn session to hear, discuss and share key lessons for understanding and building company culture.
May 7th 9:00 am
- IoTTechspresso: SAP CodeJam Singapore
Get access to tools, sandboxes, interactive time with experts, and network with fellow developers while exploring something new and exciting.
May 8th 4:00 pm
- FinTech Meetup: Blockchains
Come discuss and debate all aspects of blockchains from the technology underlying it to the regulations governing it.
May 9th 7:00 pm
- Lean Product Innovation
Join ThoughtWorks global design leaders and hear about continuous design practices, their lean experiments and the evolution of their digital products.
May 12th 6:45 pm
- BACK TO WORK: Building Your Startup Brand
Understand what is needed to build a brand and develop your brand message, tone and identity in order to speak to your ideal customer.
May 12th 6:00 pm
- Dragon Law Legal Startup Academy – Module 3: Run your business
Get expert advice from inside industry professionals, learn about mistakes and get to know the secrets to quickly getting started in our 6 Modules workshop at ACE.