It’s hard to know how to describe the Maker Faire, a two-day “festival of invention, creativity and resourcefulness,” but imagine a massive artisanal handcraft explosion where you go to play with cardboard machine guns, build your own portable handphone microscope and learn how to turn all that horrific Ikea furniture into something amazing.
Why it’s on the list
Ikea makes us cringe and we have dreams of DIY gone right (it never does). Can’t wait to meet the resourceful people who make amazing projects in their backyards, basements, and or at the Kampung.
August 4th + 5th
15 Science Centre Road
There are ongoing workshops as well as booths. Check out the schedule online.
* We must give you fair warning: this is a kid-friendly, family-fun time type of event. We don’t usually love that scene, but the amazing craftsmanship on display at the Maker Faire more than makes up for the baby strollers.
Thursday, July 19th
Have an event? Submit it here
Apr 25th 7:00 pm
- Building a Culture of Excellence: Shaping and Optimising the Employee Experience
Our panelists will share insights on how to cultivate a culture of employee engagement by designing an employee recognition program, using technology, innovation, and plain old human interaction to reward and recognise the contributions of your teams and individuals.
Apr 25th 7:00 pm
- Let’s Talk About Blockchain And The Future of Tech
Blockchain and cryptocurrencies are taking the world by storm and people still haven’t a clue what it exactly is and how it affects the future. This session discusses the journey of tech start-up, Bountie, and how they infuse blockchain and cryptocurrency into their business model.
Apr 27th 12:00 pm
- Employer Branding: Leveraging on the power of PR to attract the best talents
Gain insights from Weiting Tan, Country Manager of Wantedly Singapore and Jeremy Foo, CEO of Prospr communications as they engage in an intimate fireside chat to share tips about tapping into the power of corporate communications as a channel for effective employer branding.
Apr 28th 9:00 am
- Park of the Future Hackathon
Hack the future of commercial parks over 24 hrs with fellow technology enthusiasts! Stand a chance to be funded for development with TNB Ventures and Ascendas Singbridge!