It’s hard to know how to describe the Maker Faire, a two-day “festival of invention, creativity and resourcefulness,” but imagine a massive artisanal handcraft explosion where you go to play with cardboard machine guns, build your own portable handphone microscope and learn how to turn all that horrific Ikea furniture into something amazing.
Why it’s on the list
Ikea makes us cringe and we have dreams of DIY gone right (it never does). Can’t wait to meet the resourceful people who make amazing projects in their backyards, basements, and or at the Kampung.
August 4th + 5th
15 Science Centre Road
There are ongoing workshops as well as booths. Check out the schedule online.
* We must give you fair warning: this is a kid-friendly, family-fun time type of event. We don’t usually love that scene, but the amazing craftsmanship on display at the Maker Faire more than makes up for the baby strollers.
Thursday, July 19th
Have an event? Submit it here
Apr 19th 3:00 pm
- Camp – Smart Health coLAB
Be introduced to the issues related to Smart Health, and discuss about well-being, healthy lifestyle and new technology opportunities.
Apr 20th 7:00 pm
- Front End TL;DR April 2015
FEDS is about hands-on, collaborative learning. Join the session if you’d like to learn new front end technology.
Apr 20th 6:30 pm
- Agile CoP Forum: Agile Adoption in Your Organisation – 10 Secrets of Success, 3 Top Mistakes
For anyone interested in practising Agile methods and practices in software development. Learn, share and network with fellow Agilists.
Apr 21st 7:30 pm
- [Tech Talk] Social Innovation: Repair Kopitiam
Stop discarding things because of a tear. Join Farah as she shares the repair culture philosophy and her journey in putting her ideals of social innovation to work.
Apr 21st 8:00 am
- Crowdsourcing Week
The crowd-driven conference to explore tools and tactics that drive innovation, growth and efficiency.
Apr 22nd 1:00 pm
- Lunch N Learn @ Cafe
Pick up useful financial rules and a simple executable plan to become wiser with your finances.
Apr 22nd 7:00 pm
- SG Geek Girls Maker Series Talk #2 with Anna Filippova!
Anna Filippova, co-organizer of RubySG, shares about “The paradox of online collaboration: on open source work and why open source works”.
Apr 22nd 6:00 pm
- Ground-Up Initiative 7th Anniversary Celebration
Join GUI as they celebrate their 7th Anniversary and take stock of their humble progress.
Apr 23rd 7:00 pm
- Hands-on Legal Workshop – Startup Club Singapore
A round table workshop with only 10 attendees to discuss about startup legal life cycle, fund-raising, founders’ dilemmas, mobile app development etc.
Apr 24th 3:00 pm
- Legal Talk (CoFounder Agreements – Equity structure)
Learn how you should structure your business and why the way you structure it matters.
Apr 24th 12:30 pm
- Collabor[EAT] – ‘Hiring the Right Fit’ with Andrew Jones
Andrew Jones introduces the fundamental steps for preparing and executing the Behavioral, Fit or Situational interview, and how it can help you to select candidates for hiring or other purposes.
Apr 24th 7:30 pm
- DataDive: Earth Hour and HOME
Work alongside experts to analyze, visualize, and mash-up the data for a social cause.
Apr 25th 7:00 pm
- Dinner Is Coming: Requiem for the Red Viper
An event where we celebrate the Game of Thrones fandom and pay our last respects to the late, great Oberyn Martell over food, conversation, and this time, funeral rites.
Apr 25th 9:00 am
- Global Azure Bootcamp
A one day deep dive class to help thousands of people get up to speed on developing Cloud Computing Applications for Azure.
Apr 25th 8:30 am
- 2015 Global Azure Bootcamp
A full day to dive deep into Azure and get started on complex topics like Media Streaming, Mobile Services, ALM, PowerShell and IoT.
Apr 26th 2:00 pm
- Books & Beer #31
Bring a book & grab a beer from a selection of 23 different types.. on tap!
Apr 26th 7:30 pm
- DataDive: Earth Hour and HOME
Calling all socially conscious analysts, statisticians, data scientists, coders, hackers and designers!
Apr 30th 1:00 pm
- Singapore Qualifiers – Echelon Asia Summit 2015
Pitch your startup at the Regional Qualifier and reach out to a regional market. Top 10 will pitch in front of international judges.
Apr 30th 7:00 pm
- Can’t stop, Won’t Stop. Entrepreneur for Life.
Laugh and cry when as you hear from a standup comedian, a data engineer and a startup founder who saw it through to success.
May 6th 9:00 am
- Tech in Asia Singapore 2015
Tech in Asia’s signature event featuring a night crawl, investor dating and a main stage interviews with Asia’s most successful entrepreneurs and investors.