It’s hard to know how to describe the Maker Faire, a two-day “festival of invention, creativity and resourcefulness,” but imagine a massive artisanal handcraft explosion where you go to play with cardboard machine guns, build your own portable handphone microscope and learn how to turn all that horrific Ikea furniture into something amazing.
Why it’s on the list
Ikea makes us cringe and we have dreams of DIY gone right (it never does). Can’t wait to meet the resourceful people who make amazing projects in their backyards, basements, and or at the Kampung.
August 4th + 5th
15 Science Centre Road
There are ongoing workshops as well as booths. Check out the schedule online.
* We must give you fair warning: this is a kid-friendly, family-fun time type of event. We don’t usually love that scene, but the amazing craftsmanship on display at the Maker Faire more than makes up for the baby strollers.
Thursday, July 19th
Have an event? Submit it here
May 23rd 9:00 am
- Future Food Asia Award 2018
The Future Food Asia Award 2018 is back to recognise the leading innovators and entrepreneurs in Agrifood Tech. Join us as we foster innovation to build the future of food!
May 23rd 7:30 pm
- NodeJS: Harness the Power of the Hive-Mind
May 23rd 6:00 pm
- Startup Workshop: Preparing for Hypergrowth
Learn to prepare for hypergrowth through effective execution, strong company culture, and positive workplace. Featuring Rob Bier and Anne Caron from Trellis, and Peng T. Ong, Monk’s Hill Ventures Managing Partner.
May 24th 7:00 pm
- Building an API-Driven Digital Ecosystem
Building an API-Driven Digital Ecosystem: In API Craft’s May Meetup, you will learn how to: – Turn APIs into API products. – Use a data-driven approach to Measure and Monetize APIs. – Build a thriving digital ecosystem.
May 24th 6:00 pm
- #SPEAKEASYASIA Edition 6 – Video Marketing For Rapid Business Growth
The 6th edition of event series #SPEAKEASYASIA, a sharing and networking event with speakers from Lazada, Citi and 2Stallions. Join us and learn all there is to know about video marketing and how companies can utilize video to grow sales.
May 25th 8:30 am
- Email Marketing Forum
Email Marketing Forum