What the health are we actually eating?
Only 5% of the population has a genetic predisposition to heart disease, yet it is the number 1 killer globally. WTH?!
Time to give our food the x-ray and question if it’s the thing that’s giving us the nutrients we need or the thing that’s making us sick.
Join The Wedge Asia and The Working Capitol on July 26th as we screenWhat The Health, the groundbreaking follow-up film from the creators of the award-winning documentary Cowspiracy: The Sustainability Secret, followed by a discussion on how food affects our health.
After the film we’ve got a panel discussion with these thought leaders:
- Rebecca Cappelli – Speaker at Let Us Be Heroes & Volunteer at Animal Allies Singapore
- Sharmilah Begum Mehmood – Big Is Gorgeous
- John Garrido – Regional Director Asia at Virgin Pulse
- Luke Tan – Founder of Live Green Live Lean
Tickets are priced at $28 and include yummy, healthy Korean bento meals for dinner by Dosirak (keeping it healthy with their below 500kcal per boxes). Not to mention prizes from Made Real and Tinee Dino.
- 6.30pm ~ Networking, Dinner & Drinks
- 6.50pm ~ the Icebreaker & the Welcome
- 7.00pm ~ the Screening
- 8.30pm ~ the Discussion
- 9.15pm ~ the Live Bulletin
- 9.30pm ~ Networking & the End
About the Speakers
- Rebecca Cappelli holds a master degree in media management, in Chinese language and culture and a Plant Based Nutrition certificate from eCornell. She is on the Advisory Board of the global network Vegan Leaders in Corporate Management. She works with various non-profit organizations with the project Let us be Heroes to empower people to become a line of defense for their health, the planet and the animals.
- Sharmilah Begum is the founder of Big is Gorgeous, a plus-sized e-magazine that aims to nurture and support positive body acceptance. A diagnosed diabetic, she had gone through a full transformation of her diet and reversed the symptoms by simply eating healthy. She now supports people experiencing the same struggle and sharing her story to help them in their health journey.
- John Garrido works with businesses all over the world to improve the health and performance of their employees, driving healthier bottom lines. He combines his passion for health and well-being to help change lives and businesses around the world for good.
- Luke Tan is a published author, health coach and vegan strength athlete. As an internationally awarded sports person, Luke is also the founder of Evolved Generation, a brand based in Australia promoting health and athleticism through conscious consumption. He specialises in helping individuals get leaner and healthier through a whole foods plant-based diet.
Seats are limited, don’t miss out on this one night only screening of What The Health followed by a lively discussion on actionable insights so we can#LiveMoreConsciously.
Thank you to The Working Capitol for hosting us! The Working Capitol is a coworking space, lifestyle provider, and food and beverage destination, offering a range of workspace solutions, community programmes, and professional and lifestyle events.
INSPIRATION. KNOWLEDGE. ACTION.
Wednesday, July 26th
6:30 PM to 9:30 PM
The Working Capitol on Keong Saik
1 Keong Saik Road, Singapore 089109